♥ Friday, February 17, 2006 ♥

people are just... well... fascinating!!!

[she drives me nuts!] You see, I have this female friend, well, a co-film student. We're not really that close - actually we're not even close based on my definition of closeness [yung tipong you raelly know each other, as in to the point that you can anticipate how each other would think and behave in given situations]. But since we're acquaintances - that is, we both belong in the same college, lurk around in the same places, study and talk about particularly the same things, hang out with almost the same people - I got used to greeting her - the usual hi - hello thing - whenever I see her around - reading a book in one corner - or of course whenever I bump into her on the way. I must say that I am usually the one who initiates the action, as in I really greet her - automatically - whenever I see her even when she's not really aware of my presence or even when it's obvious that she's doing something else. It's funny 'cause I really do everything that I can to get her attention. It seems as though it has already been an obligation for me to greet her no matter what. Also, during those instances, she usually just greet me back in a sort of pilit manner - just for the sake of reciprocating my politeness and friendliness to her. However, things have gotten a bit strange and funny these past few days. Just the other day while I was really engrossed in a conversation with a friend, she suddenly popped out in front of me - waving her hands exaggerately just to catch my attention - and she even called my name [I mean, before she wouldn't even utter a word to me. All she could do was to smile back - in a pilit way.] I just thought that it was a really strange thing for her to do because all along I thought that she just greet me back because she thinks she's supposed to. Another instance happened just yesterday. I was about to step out of the door and leave our college building when I heard someone yelling my name. And when I turned around to see who it was and what was the reason why I was being called - I saw her. Then the weird thing was that I turned around and faced her just to hear her say "Wala lang". That's it. Wala lang. She just wanted to let me know that she's there, that she saw me and that she's acknowledging my presence. Well, as a response, I just talked to her for a few seconds. I told her how weird my Korean class had been for that afternoon and all sorts of those non-sense stuffs. I just felt like I needed to say something to her just to remove the awkwardness I felt for the situation. And now, the reason why I'm blogging this whole thing out? I must say that it's because I still feel a lot pretty weird. You see, I'm still puzzled and disturbed [yeah, those are the right words to describe how I feel]. What the f*** was that? What the f*** is happening? What the f*** is going on with her? With me? You could say that I'm just overreacting and that I shouldn't give a s*** to these things [well, maybe I am]. But, hey! I just cannot help it! People like her keep driving me nuts! Is it just because she suddenly realized how raw and unfriendly she was to me? Or is it because she realized my value as a person - as a friend? Or is it because she realized that she needs something from me and her being nice to me is just a part of her propaganda? Is she sincere? How could I tell? How are we supposed to know if a person's sincere to us? [the unexpected friend.] A former high school acquaintance came last night - at my sib's 17th birthday celebration. She's actually his friend [malamang], one of his closest classmates. I know her since we both used to lurk around in the same limited-four-cornered-space of our high school Alma Mater. Besides, she was one of my subordinates when I was still a CAT officer and also an orgmate in this religious org in school. We've never been really that close. But she's sort of sweet and nice to me and we used to text each other - and do that kind of stuffs - before so I can say that we pretty had some kind of friendship between us. So, times had already passed. We haven't talked to each other for a long time although we only used to talk about some things before which aren't really personal. All this time I thought that maybe she's just one of those people that I was meant to bump into then that's it. No further connections, no possible deeper relationships. But then my notion changed last night. The night when we met again. When my sib's visitors arrived, everything went on pretty normal. Some of those who know me [those who spent some time with me before] just said their shiest hi's. I was actually barely paying attention to them. They know me and I know them That's it. We're not really close , anyway so why bother to give them a grand welcome. But then, this person popped out of my sight. Out of all those who passed by, she's the only one who showed how excited she was to see me again. It's really funny 'cause I wasn't expecting that kind of approach from her. I wasn't expecting anything from her. I didn't expect that she would be that glad to see me again. And so I responded by talking to her and by expressing how glad I also was to see her again. Of course, I wasn't just pretending to be nice and happy 'cause I really felt the way she did. I was just so glad that she came. And so we talked for a few minutes. She asked me about my life; some school and love life stuffs. She asked if I'm doing good. Kamusta na raw ba ko. Bakit daw ang payat ko na [lalo] - and all those sorts of thing. I felt really weird because I wasn't expecting that. Have we become that close? I didn't know my worth to her as a friend. I absolutely had no idea whatsoever. It's just amazing how these things happen - how powerful events could be in putting the most unexpected things right into our faces. It's also much more amazing when we discover our worth to somebody or a person's worth to us in the least expected situations. We'll never really know when we'll have - or when we actually had - a new friend again. =)

5 Comments:

Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

*sigh.

well, pare, we don't. unless mauso na yung mind-reading. a skill na rare (or non existent..?)

honga bakit SIYA weird..? bakit ang weird MO? bakit ang weird NIYONG DALAWA?

nating LAHAT?

don't you notice, wala akong magawang matino ngayon..?

...chika galore? (muffled fit of laughter)..

2/17/2006 09:44:00 PM  
Blogger Sinukuan said...

ah ewan ko sayo.

2/17/2006 11:27:00 PM  
Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

i love you. bati na tayo, o.

naman, stellar, i was just trying to be funny..!

unrelated. haynako, i have MILLIONS of MRT stories, considering I ride it (and, yes, the dreadful LRT) evry fucking, freaking day.

2/22/2006 08:37:00 PM  
Blogger Sinukuan said...

hehe ako rin eh. eveydaaaaaay. saya nga eh. =)

. . . and i'm not mad. wala lang akong maisip na mas suitable na maireply sayo. beh. =b

2/24/2006 04:37:00 AM  
Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

see?

this is why i love you so.

li'l sis.

3/01/2006 02:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home