♥ Saturday, February 11, 2006 ♥

in-love with life

Cool seven o'clocks, watching the rays of the sun peep inside my room as I listen to the hit songs of the 80's. My heart sways and thomps at the idea of a new day. Solitary lunches in the cafeteria. Non-stop chewing and talking sounds. Feels like music to my ears. The smell of my favorite dishes engulfs the atmosphere. Surely, one of the best moments of my day. Private moments with my equally-busy-friends in one corner, just before all of us hurry again to our own busy lives. A few worthwhile hours with my self and with some of my favorite friends - the books - in the freezing library. A few hours to excercise those brain cells and those vocal chords as I listen to and share my thoughts with my interesting classmates and teachers. A few meters of walking around the campus, towards the MRT station, past the impatient people in queue. Bright lights in the highway, cars carressing the face of the crowded roads, busy feet, hungry tummies, aching backs: a day full of new lessons and meaningful experiences. Feeling finally safe and happy just being home again. Dinners with parents and sibs are always one of the best things in life. Lazy after-dinners lying on the floor with my parents and little brother doing nothing but hug each other; whispering, giggling and making the most out of every second. Those silent minutes as I crawl into my bed before I say my goodnight prayers are just amazing. The feeling of the wind on my tired face reminds me to have faith on the things that I don't see; on the blessings that are sometimes hard for me to notice and appreciate. I couldn't keep my mind off the magic of the night sky as I peep out of my windows one last time. No, I don't really want to live forever. I only want to freeze every moment of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home