♥ Tuesday, February 14, 2006 ♥

just another weird valentine entry

Funny how the Valentine's season makes people silly [in thoughts and in actions]. Love songs on television shows [and yeah, on tv shows], maroon [hindi red eh noh] roses, people wearing pink and/or red shirts [na ang totoo eh automatic lang nating inaassume na nakikibagay sila sa valentine's spirit pero ang totoo eh kahit naman kelan nagsusuot na sila ng pink or red], classmates bugging you out asking if you've got a date or who's your date, parents trying to trap you into admitting that you have a boy/girlfriend and that for sure you'll be going on a date followed by questions [and advices] on where will you go and what activities can the do of you possibly do, single friends keep on saying how single people shouldn't feel sad or frustrated during valentine's day which of course wouldn't be complete without them reciting their own litany of theories and beliefs in love and life and all those other cute but silly things. I can't even remember how many times I reminded my self to stop singing "Oh, baby you know when I look in your eyes I go crazy, and my heart just can't hide that old feeling inside , hey deep down inside [o ayan na naman ako]". I blame it on Unang Hirit. They kept on playing it over and over again [and that instrumental part!!! oh! hmpf!] and even though I wan't really watching [dahil tayuan na sa bus at maraming likod na nakaharang sa view ko] unfortunately my subconscious still absorbed it pretty well. But of course I'm not bitter [or anything of that kind]. These smallest of things just make me feel... well, pretty funny and silly, too [I really feel weird I have to blog it out]. I even felt a lot weirder because this Valentine's day is I think the strangest - and most revisionist - of all the valentine's day that I've ever been into. Frst, it's because I started my day watching a horror film entitled Shadow of the Vampire which was a required film viewing for my film genre class today [so napuno ako ng horror spirit instead]. Second, I spent my freaking afternoon not in some place cheesy or [sige na nga] at least in some place comfy but in a library [bow]. As in in UP Diliman's huge main - unairconditioned - library [ang arte eh noh?!]. Third, at this moment, our house is pretty much drowning in the music of Nirvana [as in our favorite Smells Like Teenage Spirit] and all those hard rock - unsentimental - songs. La lang. Nakakatawa - at nakakatuwa - lang. Anyway to make this silly entry short let me just give you my sincerest wishes [tentenenentenen], lots of love, peace and happiness to all of us! =) [syempre kasali ako!]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa! i had to double check on who owns this blog. new template ka pala. :)

happy v-day!

2/14/2006 06:18:00 AM  
Blogger Sinukuan said...

hehe yup pao! same to u =)

2/14/2006 08:30:00 PM  
Blogger Obi Macapuno said...

ei dyan ba sa UP e maraming naka pink last Balentayms?? For some crazy reasons, dito sa makati andamiiiiiing naka pink. some Pinoy hive mind collectivity i guess. haha. kita kits sa Art Week!

oops. art week na nga pala sa upd right? hehe.

2/16/2006 03:39:00 AM  
Blogger The Guy in Red Sneakers said...

red! but i thought you hated red..?

2/17/2006 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Sinukuan said...

pero hindi siya red!!!

2/19/2006 01:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home